30.10.17

How I discovered cardmaking: Part 2

My Wedding

After my engagement I started buying bridal magazines and planing my dream wedding. I didn't know of Pinterest back then so I made a mood board on Power Point.

I decided to splurge in 3 things only: the venue, the photographer and the wedding invitations.

The venue because if it was gorgeous I would need minimal decoration budget, the photographer because I wanted to remember the day with very professional pictures and the wedding invitations because I wanted to set the tone for the event with very elegant invitations.

A friend from high school made the cake for me, here is a picture she took:


My mother helped me sew the veil, and I made the flower girl basket and the ring bearer bowl that I decorated with paper flowers.

I had a relative easy time choosing the venue, the wedding dress, and so on... I just went with my first choice. The wedding invitations however, gave me a hard time. There was no shop in Ecuador that had invitations that caught my eye.

And then I thought... maybe I could make my own wedding invitations. So I googled how to make wedding invitations, after some time browsing I came across a video on YouTube of a lady making a card with a manual machine! I was hooked, it was love at first sight.

That video led to another, and that one to another and right there I discovered that there was a hobby called "Cardmaking". I never heard that word before, maybe because it is not very used in Spanish.

Many hours later (maybe even days) of watching cardmaking videos I realized that it required a lot of tools and supplies that I didn't have and that was going to be more expensive than to order them in a shop. After much deliberation I decided to buy in the USA a wedding invitation kit and print them at home. They turned out very nice, I even included a tissue impregnated with a fragrance.

And this cardmaking thing that I discovered... I thought I would forget after the wedding was over.

Till next time,

María J. Guevara

Products mentioned in this post:

  • Printable wedding invitations
  • L'occitane Verbena perfume




No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate